Friday, September 3, 2010

Waiting Out Earl

We were planning to take the Airstream to MA yesterday to see Rich and Bronson who just flew in from Ohio. The prospects of camping in the oak forest at Jennifer's -- known for dropping branches in windstorms -- was not appealing even if Earl stays out by Cape Cod. Forty to fifty miles an hour winds tonight still could make the aluminum habitat interesting -- so we'll wait a day.

We've charged the battery, filled up the propane, loaded some fresh water, and put the brand new foam mattresses on the beds. I'll hook up tonight and we'll be off first thing in the morning -- along with many others delaying their trips because of the hurricane. Better safe than sorry.

Here are the grandsons [Bronson (left) Mac (right)] that we can't wait to see tomorrow.

No comments: